Please read this page entirely before placing your order
WE DO NOT ACCEPT INTERNATIONAL ORDERS OR FOR ENTRY INTO HAWAII
This has just been a big headache for us in the past trying to get everything all lined up in sync, a vet out for inspections, then getting the health paperwork back in time, as well as getting the poults hatched on the same date we have to put on the health paper ahead of time.
I am sorry but we just need to make our life a bit less stressful here.
Requirements for number of poults ordered.
Minimum order is 15 poults
The reason for the 15 poult minimum is so there is enough in the box to make sufficient body heat so they can keep each other warm enough to survive shipping. So when you place an order you may have to choose another variety or two to come up with the required number to ship. If you don't desire to place at least the minimum order of 15, we will not be able to accept your request.
All orders must be shipped, no exceptions.
Being NPIP certified we must operate a closed facility to prevent the introduction of disease. For the safety of our birds and lively hood we do not allow visitors or poult pickups at our turkey operation.
Please Note! We now require that you list substitutes when placing an order with us. So please give us a list of other varieties you will also accept so that we can include something else to fill your order just in case we come up a few short on a variety. We will not completely change your order, we just need to have a couple backup varieties or so you will accept just in case we come up a few short.
Our new policy is primarily to help avoid long delays in shipping or us cancelling your order as not able to fill.
If you will not accept substitutes we reserve the right to refuse your order.
We will telephone and or e-mail you the day your birds are shipped so it is very important that you include your daytime and evening telephone numbers (if they are different) and your e-mail address on your order form (if you want us to use your e-mail address). We call in the evening to let you know they have been sent and the Postal Service calls during the day to let you know they have arrived at your Post Office. We will basically try to contact you first by telephone and will use the e-mail as a backup contact in case we can't reach you by phone. We do not call if we do not ship.
Under the new USDA/APHIS animal welfare rule we cannot sell turkeys as pets since we have to ship them to you, so you will have to select the purpose y0u intend to raise our turkeys for on our order form.
You can read this revised rule here.
Animal Welfare Act
- Shipping date: There is absolutely no guarantees on a specific shipping date. But we will do the best we can to meet your latest requested date if at all possible. So please be very flexible when you choose your latest preferred shipping date.
- All orders are booked subject to bad hatches,weather ect. Please be assured we do our best.
- We ship late April thru August,sometimes into September on either Mondays or Tuesdays (occasionally Wednesdays) of each hatch week.
- Live delivery guarantee only:
- We always try to include a couple extra poults if possible to cover any losses that may unfortunately occur during transit.
- Poults MUST be picked up as soon as possible on the day of arrival at your post office otherwise all live delivery guarantees are void.
- If there are any dates you cannot receive your poults (just away or going on a vacation ect.) please indicate this on your order, otherwise email or call us to let us know so we can mark this on your order, if you do not let us know dates you will be gone we cannot be held responsible for losses if we happen to ship while you are away.
- All poult shipments are sent insured so we will file a loss claim with the U.S.P.S. on any losses that occur during shipping only, we or the Postal service cannot be held responsible for any losses that occur after the day of arrival as their care is now in your hands, not ours.
- You must give us proof of any losses or we cannot file a loss claim with the U.S.P.S.
- If you do not give us proof of losses your claim will be voided.
If you cancel your order before eggs are set but after the order is booked there will be a 25% cancellation charge.
However, once eggs are set, if you cancel the order you will forfeit your payment.
Priority mail (1-3 day delivery) Priority mail shipping charges are calculated at $1.00 per poult. .Our shopping cart will add the appropriate charge when this shipping service is selected. If you are mailing in an order you will have to figure out the total shipping with the above figure per poult ordered.
Express mail shipping (1-2 day delivery) will be an extra charge if you desire this service.
Just a note about express shipping. Most of our shipments that have gone out by express mail take 1-2 days to arrive, and most all of our priority shipments made it in 1-2 days as well.
So we are finding out that express mail is not always worth the extra cost that the USPS charges for it.
Approx. shipping costs are as follows for express mail if you desire this service. Shipping costs subject to change.
15 poults ....$35
16-30 poults ....$36-$48
31-45 poults ....$49-$60
46-60 poults ....$61-$70
61-80 poults ....$71-$85
81 poults and over calculated upon ordering
Appropriate charges will be calculated in our shopping cart for the exact number of poults ordered when this shipping service is selected.
Poult ordering reminders:
- All orders must be received with full payment to be considered for booking. An order is not considered booked if you talk to us about it on the telephone, or send an e-mail telling us what you want. It will not be booked until we receive the payment. No exceptions!
- We do accept orders by telephone at 260-243-1365 or by Internet.
- We do accept credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express) also money orders, PayPal and personal or business checks.
- All checks will have to clear before order can be shipped.
- Make sure you include your phone number when placing an order so we can write it on the outside of the box so the post office can call you upon arrival for pickup.
All day-old poults are sold as straight run only. We do not sex any of the day olds. Since we do not sell sexed poults, we have no control over what you receive as far as a male-female ratio. Ideally, it is supposed to be a 50-50 ratio, but it can vary from that.
The number in parentheses "( )" after the price of the poults indicates the maximum number of day olds available at one hatch. You can order as few as one of a particular variety. If you want more than the maximum number, you will either need to place two orders from two different hatches. Or contact us to see if we may be able to make an exception and fill your request in one shipment.
By placing an order with us means you have read and agree to all of our terms listed above.If you do not agree with our terms please do not place an order with us.We reserve the right to refuse an order for any reason we see fit.